The Catholic University of America

What is the 25% Office Match?

Departments are responsible for 25% of the total amount of money earned by work-study students, the remaining 75% is covered by federal funding. It is important that offices create a budget that reflects their ability to pay the 25%.

Example A (single student):
If your student earns $2000 your office is responsible for $500, and the remaining $1500 comes from work-study funds.

Example B (multiple students):
If your students end up earning a total of $10,000, your office is responsible for $2,500, and the remaining $7,500 is paid with work-study funds.